Thursday, October 1, 2009

Dearest friends of Uncle Neal

My name is Emily Hopkins Felts. My mother is Cynthia Chase Hopkins, Amanda's sister. My sister's (Connie, Susan, Wendy, and Demaris) and I always enjoyed the moments spent with Uncle Neal, down on the Cape or visiting up in Scituate. He always had the corniest jokes and the best stories to tell. His jokes are the only ones that I can actually remember the punchlines, thirty years later. Did he ever tell you the one about Sam Clam's Disco? He was such a character.
He travelled by train from Boston to L.A. to give me away at my wedding. Some of you may even have recently been delivered the play by play on that trip in his Angel Email's. It was a beautiful wedding and Uncle Neal, in the abscense of my father, who passed away in '83, was as gracious and wonderful as anyone would expect. He will truly be missed. We adored him so much. I speak for all of the Hopkins family in thanking everyone for loving him and enjoying their time with him. I will see you on Saturday morning.
With lot's of love,
Emily Felts

No comments:

Post a Comment